"Seek and you will find, knock, and the door will be opened to you."
~ Mt 7:7
How to begin your Catholic faith journey
Explore the faith and find answers to your questions. Here's a start:
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church: book or online
- Catholic radio: Sacred Heart Radio at AM 1050
- Podcasts: Word on Fire, Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Read: Go to your local Catholic bookstore or online at Ignatius Press, TAN books.
- Websites: Northwest Catholic, USCCB (U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops), Ascension Press and Busted Halo are just a few.
Talk to someone at your local parish
Call your local Catholic parish and ask to speak with a priest or someone who can help you explore the faith. Consider joining a faith exploration talk or program like Alpha or Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA) classes at a parish near you to learn more about the faith.
Find a parish near you (link to parish finder)
Start RCIA at your local parish
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) is offered at most Catholic parishes for adults who are interested in exploring the Catholic church. The first step to RCIA is inquiry, the initial period when you learn, ask questions in a non-judgmental atmosphere. Contact your local parish to inquire about RCIA.
Above all, persevere
Jesus said in Matthew 12:45 that the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking the perfect pearl. When he found the pearl of great price, he went and sold all that he had and bought it. Keep seeking and praying, and you will find your way home to Christ.